Monday, June 27, 2016

Back to cooking

We are definitely in Winter. It's chilly and freezing cold in the morning, let alone at night. I am in the middle of nothing and would you believe that we are already halfway through the year. I know, it's crazy. How and when did we end up in June, anyway? 

Honestly, the past few weeks have been full of setbacks. Fortunately there were a few achievements as well.  Sometimes life takes you by surprise and puts you through so many different situations all at once. I'm glad it's all over now. I am back to cooking and this is really the main focus of today's post. 

I think food is really something that can change your perspective on life, especially when cooking. I was caught up with various things happening lately and I lost interest and focus on plenty of the important matters. I needed this moment of disorientation to get back on track. 

So I have finally make it back to cooking normally. I am making as many soups as I can to warm myself up during the cold days. Of course here are a few snaps of the simple meals I have put together lately. It feels so good to really cooking from the heart for the soul. I like this kind of nourishment. 

Fish with pumpkin gratin and salad
Roast pork with roast pumpkin and beetroot feta spinach salad and avo and mash
Gyoza and soup and calamari
My chicken rice soup

Smoked salmon, avo and feta on toast with cherry tomatoes
Vegetarian lasagna
Lemon chicken
Beef tomato capsicum and mushroom stir-fry with carrot soup
Curried eggs on toast
Corn soup
Carrot miso  soup

Veggie burger with polenta chips and salad
Fish with potato mash and salad.



No comments :

Post a Comment