Thursday, July 28, 2016

Dessert time

After everything that's been happening lately, one needs sweetness in their life. I am always reminded of the quote, 'when life gives you lemon, make cake', just to say that when life gets bitter, turn it into something sweet. So, I have been baking. I love chocolate, macarons and enjoy making them. I'm also into gluten-free cake at the moment, making cakes using almond meal instead of flour. This gave a more nutty consistency to the cake, which I like a lot. I have just started my second semester, and oh does time flies. It's been such a constant ride since the beginning of the year, but experience drives learning and I am trying my best to sink all in. 

So here are a few of the desserts I have produced over the last couple of weeks. Note that I have been using lemons and of course, my favourite combo right now: matcha and red bean. I also made a dessert in a glass which I have always wanted to. Let's not forget chocolate brownies because they are simply pure decadence. 

Smiley face lemon macaron with lemon buttercream
Lemon cake with lemon drizzle and candied lemons

Poached mandarin and kumquat with spiced syrup and yogurt and nut
Chocolate brownie

'Lego' Birthday cake I made for my cousin
Matcha greentea swiss roll with red bean filling
Matcha macaron with red bean filling




No comments :

Post a Comment