Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Teriyaki Beef Crunchy Roll from Woolies

There is a new 'pop-up' sushi stand at some Woolworths stores. It goes by the name Sushi Izu. So far I have seen them in Perth City stores, Carousel, Riverton, and Livingston Shopping Centres. I have tried their sushi twice and they are pretty nice.

Last week I saw they have a new range, providing more 'fancy' sushi rolls. I decided to try their teriyaki beef roll. The filling was a teriyaki beef (obviously), thinly sliced cucumber and avocado. The roll was coated with spicy mayo and crispy fried onions. I was pleased with the combination. I was quite apprehensive on the spicy mayo because I cannot eat spicy food, but it contrasted well with the sweetness from the teriyaki sauce. The teriyaki sauce was very sweet indeed. It is quite pricey ($11), but all Japanese food seems to. Anyway, I would personally not buy this combination again, but I am willing to try other rolls next time.

 
 
 



No comments :

Post a Comment