Monday, December 24, 2012

Breakkie

So how to start a morning fresh, healthy and full- I mean balanced and satisfying.
To begin with I drink a least one cup of warm to hot water to wake my body. It firstly contributes to your daily required consumption of water. Second, it helps to drain and make your body alive. I realise that it really helps to break from the slumber and especially during cold weather it helps in warming your body by having warm water through your body.
Next I will have a cup of milk with lots of cereal and I add some goji berries and sunflower kernels to it. Goji berry is my favourite berry because it has so many health benefits including being rich in antioxidants. Sunflower kernel has omega 3 which is good in preventing cardiovascular risks. I tend to have Coles plain cereals and Uncle Toby Omega 3 cereals. Good combination- a definite recommendation. I also accompany them with 2 slices of wholemeal bread, spread with jam -Dalfour Yummy- and butter- Western Star. I just tried this and become a cottage cheese lover, point to add, it goes so well with blueberry jam.
Finally I will have a fruit, either banana, an orange or the like.
Well, a perfectly balance, satisfying, deliiii, filling and more importantly healthy breakfast. Gotta like this breakkie, that's why I can have this everyday.

A little note to this: I know some people can't have breakfast, maybe a lil advice would be not to eat too late at night so you have an empty stomach in the morning, ready to be filled with food. Anyway eating too late is not good, because your food can't be digested properly.
Remember breakfast is the most important meal of the day; I had opportunity to acknowledge this. How? I experience that after having a complete breakkie, you don't feel hungry at all during the day which prevent you from overeating the other meals of the day. If not, you will feel hungry all the time. A rich breakkie can help you sustain through hours. I once had a light breakky and felt ravishing all day which is not good for weight.
Anyway I can't start a good day without a full breakkie, else I would feel weak and I tell you it's not good in terms of productivity.

I just read and realise a most important reason to have breakfast. I'll go the other way round, if you missed this meal, there is serious reason to believe that you will not be able to consume the daily requirements of food nutriments. Well I hope this now give you serious reason to start having breakfast, never too late to change some habits into more healthy and rewarding one. Think the long run, you will be more productive and a more cheerful person, what is not better than having a satisfied tummy.
 Way to go....!


No comments :

Post a Comment