Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Throwback in the kitchen

Over the past weeks, we ate out quite a lot because I did not really have time to cook. However, I always find the time to cook during the weekend to reiterate healthy and clean eating.
I cook quinoa for the first time and I must say it is really easy to cook; you only have to add water (1 1/4 cup for 1 cup of quinoa) and let it simmer (for 15 minutes) , yes this simple. I really like the nutty crunchy texture. I can easily substitute rice or be a great addition to a light meal. Quinoa is a super food and it is rich in protein and omega 3.
I also start to cook sweet potato mash and it is so goooood. I'm extremely liking this sweet vegetable. Plus, sweet potato is very nutritious- it contains beta-carotene (aka vitamin A) which is good for the eyes and what else.
Anyway here is a recap of the past weekends meals:
Oven baked salmon, roast potatoes, sweet potato mash, pan-fried haloumi, avocado mash and rocket
Eye fillet beef steak, quinoa, sweet potato mash and mixed vegetable

Pan fried salmon, sweet potato mash, potato salad, spinach and garlic bread




No comments :

Post a Comment