Thursday, April 24, 2014

Throwback Thursday

I'll try to make it a tradition to post pictures of food and dishes I cooked and ate during the week.

Let's start off with my soup. This is my favourite soup because it is so healthy. There is basically no oil (well yes I do not put any oil at all) and it is rich in vegetables and so easy to cook- one pot dish.
 
This was for Easter Sunday dinner. I stir-fried some portobello mushrooms, and cooked everything else in the oven, that is the salmon, sweet potato wedges and asparagus. This meal was a simply so filling and yummy. I especially liked the potato wedges, crunchy on the outside and soft in the middle. A real Easter feast.
 

I have not idea what took me, but I decided to try and make paella. Paella is a Spanish rice dish with spices, saffron threads, seafood and meat. My version is obviously not 'true' to its origins since I did not put any seafood. However it was a tasty dish overall. I have never tried the real thing before, so I cannot tell. I served mine with some red lentil soup on the side.

Sago, coconut milk and pandan is a combination that I absolutely adore and cannot resist. I mean they are match made in heaven, without doubt. Notice there is a bunny silicon cup.This was my Easter dessert.
 

No comments :

Post a Comment