Sunday, June 8, 2014

Breakfast and cheese

Here is a few snaps of my weekend breakfast. As it has long been said, breakfast is the most important meal of the day and  I definitely reinforce this. Eating breakfast in the morning gives your body the energy it needs to go through the day.

During the week, I usually have milk and cereals if I am on the go. If I have more time (because it is winter and admittedly it's hard to get out of bed), I will also have toast- jam/ cheese spread on bread. However on Sunday, we have baked beans and eggs (sometimes bacon) with toast and cheese.

Now the point of this post really is to bring forward two of my all-time favourite cheese spreads from Mauritius- La vache qui rit (Laughing cow) and Kiri. I was pleasantly surprised to spot them at the supermarkets. I used to have cottage cheese (Bulla brand) here which is equally good, but there is nothing better than the creamy texture from the spread cheese, especially Kiri. I only realised that the two are from the same company, since they both have slightly different taste. No wonder they are both equally good. The good thing about the packaging is that both come with individual bite size which means that not only you get to eat reasonably (no indulgence even if you want to), but it will also last longer than if you opened a jar of spreadable cheese.



No comments :

Post a Comment