Monday, June 9, 2014

Oats (two-way)

Did you know that oats is a superfood? I bet you did not. If you think about it though, it appears to me that every food item is a super food on its own. Personally I feel there is no reason why  we should classify them when each of fruit/vegetable/meat/grain/oil has its own nutrients and benefits. My say is that healthy eating stems from creating and maintaining a balance of what you eat. Yes, you need sugar and fat in your diet, not necessarily in large amount but both are definitely essential to sustain your health. Plus, by eating different dishes and trying need flavours, you open your taste-bud.

Back to the topic of this post, I had a box of uncooked oats on hand and after some thinking, I decided to create 3 dishes. First is some homemade muesli, second condensed milk cookies and finally granola bars.

You will see what I am talking about with the pictures below:

Drizzle some oats, nuts, seeds and apricot with maple syrup and put in the oven (180 degrees) for about 15 minutes (mixing halfway through) until golden.


These cookies are made with condensed milk and are super delicious.

Mix your muesli mix with condensed milk and bake for about 30 minutes until the top is golden crisp and you'll end up with homemade granola bars.

No comments :

Post a Comment