Thursday, November 26, 2015

Matcha Crepe Cake (Mille-Crepes cake)

I first came across this 'cake' from Eugenie Kitchen. She has made several variations and I finally made my mind to make one myself. This cake is essentially made from 15 to 30 crepes staked on top of each other with cream filling in between each crepe. I have seen many flavours including plain one with whipped cream, nutella ,strawberry, custard, matcha and oreos. 

I decided to make a green tea one. I used Eugenie's recipe but incorporated some matcha powder into the batter instead of the colouring. I also made some matcha cream for the filling. Simply whipped some cold cream with some sugar and some matcha powder. It was actually not hard to make, you just need some patience in making the crepes and layering each crepe with the cream filling. The result is quite worth the time though. 

I started with making the batter the previous night. The following day, I made the crepes. I got 15 layers for this one. I trimmed the edges, whipped the cream, then layered each of the crepe and finally cover the whole 'cake' with the matcha cream. For a finished look, I dusted some matcha powder on top. I took me roughly 1.5 hours. 
















No comments :

Post a Comment