Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Praline coated popcorn

Yesterday the new SBS food network channel was launched. I got to see so many cooking shows. I think it's such a great move for people like me. So far, I have watched Giada at Home, Rachael Ray’s 30 Minute Meals and Reza: Spice Prince of Vietnam. All seem to be great shows. 

In Giada at Home, I came across some pizza popcorn and it gave me some inspiration to make my own popcorn at home- which I did. I bought some popping corn, and looked for some recipes online. These are actually so easy to make and I cannot believe I only tried making them just now. They are really 'popped' corn.

I had some praline from Morish nuts and decided to use that instead of making my own caramel sauce, which turned out great. Essentially, you only need 3 ingredients, which made the job even more easy. I shall try some savoury popcorn next time, maybe some butter and herbs flavoured ones.

Recipe 

For the popcorn:
1/3 cup corn
2 tbs oil

For the praline:
75g praline
2-3 tbs water

Method:
1.In a small pan, heat up the praline.
2. Once hot, pour the water and bring up to boil and let to cool.

3 Heat oil in a heavy base pan
4. When hot, try popping 1 corn. Once it pops up nicely, put all the remaining corn in the pan and the lid on. You should hear the corn popping. it's only a matter of seconds. Shake the pan a little.
5. Once all corns are done (you won't hear any sounds), stir in the praline mix and mix well, still with the heat on.
6. Once coated, turn of the heat and let cool in the pan for a few minutes.
7. Transfer to an air tight container and enjoy.

These are really crunchy, with just that little hint of sweetness which make it so tasty. You definitely want to try this.





Sugary praline bubbling away
Just popped
With caramel coated







No comments :

Post a Comment