Monday, February 1, 2016

Red Velvet Cookies

Can you believe we are in February already? Where did January go, I ask myself. What I can say is that this month is going to be very exciting and full of challenges. I shall do my best though and will try to keep posting. 
Let's get back to topic, shall we?
Well, I had my first red velvet cake slice two weeks ago and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It is probably because of that little hint of cocoa powder which makes the cake so special, or maybe the cream cheese frosting, or even both. Anyway I had set my mind in making some red velvet cupcakes long ago, but I decided to go for a cookie version instead this time. So I found this recipe and decided to go ahead with it. I'm really glad I did, because these cookies are absolutely gorgeous. I love the hit of chocolate chips. The cookie itself is gooey, lightly crisp and caky-like texture-wise. I did not get all my cookies same sizes because the dough was very soft and as such quite difficult to shape- even after refrigerating the latter. I guess the hot weather was to blame. I shall let the dough sit in the fridge for longer next time. I do love the fact the cookies turned out so red. 










No comments :

Post a Comment