Thursday, February 11, 2016

Birthday celebration for my brother

We celebrated my brother's birthday about 2 weeks ago. I originally planned to make a genoise (sponge cake filled with cream) but thought it might not turned really well. So, I decided to go for a more simple cake, and made 2 swiss rolls, thereby having two flavours instead of one. I picked on a matcha green tea flavoured cake (with strawberries) and a black forest one (with glace cherries). I wanted to try and do the roll decor cakes (having prints on the cake itself, but it didn't turned out quite right, so I piped some more whipped cream to cover the patches). The cakes were nice and fluffy. The decorations were not too bad after all. I think it was a success. 

For the dinner celebration, we had herbal chicken soup (with white fungus and mushroom), cabbage steamed balls, barbeque pork, bagels with smoked trout and parsley cream cheese. It was indeed a feast.






  





No comments :

Post a Comment