Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Polenta Pudding

Polenta pudding or most commonly known as 'pudding mais' in Mauritius is one of my favourite sweet treat. I had a craving for them and decided to try and make my own version. I was quite happy with the result, so here is the recipe I used.


POLENTA PUDDING RECIPE

Serves: 12 approx

Ingredients:
1/2 cup corn meal (polenta)
1 tbs custard powder
2 1/2 cups + 3 tbs of skim milk
3/4 cup sugar (I used brown sugar)
Dessicated coconut
Raisins, soaked in water for about 10 minutes  (optional)

Method:
1. Rinse corn meal and let sit in cold water for about 20 minutes.
2. Place milk in a saucepan and bring to boil.
3. Mix custard powder and 3 tbs of milk until there is no more lump.
4. Once milk is heat, pour in the custard mixture, drained corn meal and sugar.
5. Whisk until well combined, and continue stir for about 15 minutes on high until the mixture thickens, then for another 10 minutes on low heat.
6. Add your raisins, if using them.

6. Dust your pan with coconut powder. Pour polenta mixture and cover with more coconut powder. Let cooled and place in the fridge before cutting.
Serve and enjoy.

 

 

No comments :

Post a Comment