Friday, January 10, 2014

Almond Meal

Since this year I'm into trying new dishes, then why not create your own ingredients as well (alright, maybe this doesn't make sense). What I'm referring to is to make your own -say- almond meal which I did to make my frangipane filling and this was so incredulously simple that I cannot believe it myself (for all I know). Anyway I use a coffee grinder to ground the almonds (appliance that was sitting in the cupboard, getting old and waiting one day to be used- and I guess 2014 was the year!). Right, so all I did is put the raw almond in the machine and pulse a few times and ta-da (magic), I had ground almond before me. There was a few bit and pieces that remain, so you have re-ground them a few times again and again...but is so worth it.

Tips: Do not pulse continuously for it will create almond butter.


No comments :

Post a Comment