Thursday, January 21, 2016

Matcha (Green Tea) Chiffon Cake with Matcha Cream and Red Bean Filling

It seems that my titles are getting longer and longer recently. Oh well, I think that's what happen when you are creating desserts. For my brother's birthday, I have been keen on making a green tea flavoured cake with red bean. I was inspired by my own birthday cake from Breadtop (you can see the photo from this post). Also, instead of making a pandan chiffon cake, which I have already made for no special reason at all, I wanted to try something special and different. I decided to go for another amazing flavour combo- matcha green tea and red bean. These two are definitely the most random combination, but goes so well together.

Firstly I baked a matcha chiffon cake and let it cooled. I used this recipe, cutting the amount of sugar in half in so doing. I cut the cake in half. Then, I whipped up some matcha cream (thickened cream, matcha powder and sugar), which I spread across the bottom half. I spooned some red bean filling and then closed the cake. After that, I covered the whole cake in some more matcha cream. Once done, I placed the cake in the fridge to firm up. Finally I decorated the cake with some cream, more red bean and pocky.

Unfortunately I did not get a good photo of the inside of the cake, but I was pretty happy with the result. I could taste the green tea flavour and it matched perfectly with the red bean and matcha cream. The sweetness from the red bean complemented the not overly sweet cake. I think I did well, even though I need to improve my piping skills.






No comments :

Post a Comment