Friday, February 1, 2013

Sushi time

Oh my gosh, what a hectic week it has been. I scarcely had free time, was tired as hell, and had few hours of sleep; missed two brekkie like first time everrrrrr. Well, it shows how life brings us lot of challenges, and I'm glad I was able to go through them. Thank God.

Anyway, I had time to make sushi this week and I'm really grateful, because it is handy to bring at work. Man I so don't want to talk about work, my roster this week was so sh**.

Back to topic, I absolutely love avocado. Like almost everything else, I was quite suspicious about avocado, but it turns out a delightful amazing fruit. I had it in my sushi. I adore making guacamole as well- it's so simple and delicious.I'm so thrilled about avocado now!

So I made tuna sushi with avocado. I loved salmon but not in my budget at the moment (unfortunately *sad face*).

Here you go:




Well since we're on  topic, why not to kill two birds with one stone. These are pictures of my first time making sushi. To be honest, I had to throw away my first batch rice because it was too watery, despite following the recipe to the point. What a waste I know!



My second time was a lil better. I understood which way to put the seaweed. I kept wondering which side is the 'mat' one haha. Picturesss here you go:




Anyway, I have to add as a side note how much I felt disgusted about eating sushi before, wondering how people could eat that!! Well this feeling is over now, believe me. I mean I can't believe it!
I love eating sushi now. I cannot even remember how I got used to eat it *questioning face* Plus, eating seaweed is good for health, and when you put good things in it, it's even healthier.

I'll tell you my measurement for the rice:

2 cups of rice, cooked with 3 cups of water (or follow the instructions on the packaging, very important)

To be mixed with the cooked rice: 
5 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
5 cl of water, or more -depending on whether you feel it's too watery
2 teaspoons salt

Pour the above ingredients in a pan and heat up until everything is dissolved. Then add to the rice, let the mixture cool down and your sushi rice is ready to be used hehe.

No comments :

Post a Comment