Monday, April 4, 2016

Roast Pork Shoulder

I managed to finally cook roast pork over the long Easter weekend. It seemed pretty straight forward. Simply let the oven do the job. You have to be patient as well and cross your fingers that it is cooked all the way through, after resting time. Well, it is a long process with checking the temperature and not knowing if it is ready or not. However, it was worth the wait, since the crackling was amazing and the meat tender. 

I made a vegetable trivet for the pork and then slightly scored the skin. Firstly, I roasted the meat on high (220c) for about 30 minutes and then reduce to 180c for another 1.5 hours. After making sure the internal temperature is reached, I took it out of the oven and let rest for around 15 minutes. 

I was so happy to see the meat cooked throughout, after carving it all. It was a real delight to produce such a hearty meal. I paired the dish with some roast pumpkin, and some greens. 






No comments :

Post a Comment