Thursday, March 17, 2016

Sweet round

Macaron, chocolate brownie, vanilla ice cream and creme patissiere filled puff pastry. These are probably one of my favourite sweet treats. I mean you cannot go wrong with any of these. I have been trying to perfect my 'quenelle' shaping which is a really good technique to master for dessert plating- ice cream, sorbet or whipped cream. I do not always get it right, kind of still a tricky business for me. You need to place a spoon in hot water, tap excess water and roll the cream in an upward motion. The hot water will give a shiny finish. It demands lot of practice to get it right.

However, I am very pleased with my macarons. The ones in the photos are filled with buttermilk creme patissiere. This made the macaron soft with a slight bite from the crust- just the way I like it. What can I say about the brownies? Almond filled with a gooey centre. 










No comments :

Post a Comment