Sunday, January 17, 2016

Black Sesame Macaron with Black Sesame Creme Pastissiere

I cannot recall when I first came across black sesame. I am well-aware of the white sesame seeds though. I used to eat lots of sesame peanut snaps back in the days. Anyway if you like the flavour of the white sesame, then you would also appreciate black sesame. To me, it has the same taste, with only difference being the colour. I read though that black sesame has huge nutritional benefits despite their tiny sizes. It can be used in sweet (cake, icecream) and savoury dishes (sushi, as coating/crust).

Well, after my recent successful attempts at making macarons, I decided to try a new, different flavour and pick black sesame. I was very happy of results. I am also getting better at piping perfectly round shape- the secret is to hold the piping bag straight with both hands, one to hold the bag and the other one to guide the piping. This macaron has a very nutty flavour and is perfectly chewy in the inside. I used this recipe for the macaron shells. As for the filling, I made some black sesame creme patissiere. This was not to waste the egg yolks. Basically follow the basic recipe for a creme pat, but infuse the milk with some black sesame powder while heating it.









No comments :

Post a Comment