Saturday, January 16, 2016

Miso Soup

Miso soup is one of my favourite soups. I do not know how I grew a liking to it because after my very hesitant first taste, I remember not really enjoying it. Somehow I tried it again and like sushi, I  got to appreciate the taste. I have been using the instant pack miso soup as seen from earlier posts, to satisfy my cravings. But I finally bought some miso paste from Coles to try and make my own version. I did and I loved it. Miso paste is very salty on its own because it is fermented, but it has that earthy, umami flavour which makes it so special.

The recipe I used is directly from the packaging. Basically it says to heat up 1 cup of water (stock) with 3/4 teaspoon of the paste. Feel free then to add toppings such seaweed, tofu, spinach, mushroom. I personally added some shiitake mushrooms, dried seaweed and some spring onions. Yummy!




No comments :

Post a Comment