Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Raspberry macaron with raspberry white choc ganache (Recipe)

After first time success with the Italian meringue method, I have been very keen on trying again with a different flavour. Camping presented a great opportunity to making them again. This time I made the shells pink and filled them with a white chocolate raspberry ganache. The shells were not as shiny as the previous time, which I think is mostly due to me letting them dry for too long before baking them (or the colouring might have contributed too). The taste and texture were there, so I was still very happy of the result.

Recipe for the ganache 

Ingredients:
100 ml thickened cream
50 g raspberries (I used frozen ones)
100 g white chocolate

Method:
1. Squeeze out all the juices from the raspberries using a sieve.
2. Over a saucepan, heat cream. Stir half of the chocolate.
3. Remove from heat and mix in the rest of the chocolate and stir until all combined and chocolate is melted.
4. Add the raspberry juice.
5. Mix well and let cool in the fridge to firm up.

Note:
If ganache is a bit loose, whip some cream until soft peak and add the above mixture.









No comments :

Post a Comment