Sunday, January 3, 2016

Pandan Chiffon Cake (2nd time trial and more successful texture-wise)

The first time I tried making pandan chiffon cake, it sunk a little bit too much and there was a slightly dense bottom. I looked up for some more recipes and came across this one which is for a 25cm tin. This recipe uses baking powder to ensure that the cake rises properly (a lil help doesn't hurt) and this time I used cream of tartar which I assume also played an important role in making the cake fluffy and soft. I just had enough pandan extract (reason why it is a paler green) and since I did not have pandan juice, I swapped it for some pandan essence instead. The cake tasted really nice, coco-nutty and very fragrant. I am very happy with how the cake turned out; nothing beats that feeling of cutting into a cake and seeing it has baked beautifully. What an enjoyable surprise!

I shall stick to this recipe for future chiffon cake baking. 







No comments :

Post a Comment