Saturday, December 21, 2013

Honey Joys

Alright be prepared for a massive posting about right now (that is, starting from this post). Yes, I mean it. I'm definitely catching up on all my due posts because nothing's worst than leaving this year's cooking to 2014. Right. Also since it's Summer Solstice today, the longest night of the year, there are no excuses. Bring it on. To begin with I'm posting on a few sweet treats, starting with some honey joys. I discover these from my volunteer trip to Busselton last October and enjoyed it so much. I looked up for the recipe (didn't even know what they were called- I happen to search for honey bites - good to know I was not far from its true name) only to realise that not only is it so easy to make, but quite popular as well. Hard to believe that I only tried it there for the first time, just to emphasise on how much there is to yet explore and experience. So like I just mentioned these honey joys are super sweet and tasty and so perfect for snack times.

 
 
Recipe (adapted from Kellogg's cornflakes)

Ingredients:
90g butter
1/4 cup sugar
2 tbs honey
4 cups corn flakes

Method:
Preheat 150 degrees.
Melt butter. sugar and honey together in a saucepan until frosty.
Stir in the corn flakes and coat well.
Spoon into paper cups (approx 20) and bake for 10 minutes.
Allow to cool. Enjoy

No comments :

Post a Comment