Monday, December 21, 2015

Orange Chiffon Cake

After my rather successful first attempt at baking a Pandan Chiffon cake the other day, I have been really keen on testing other different flavours. I decided to try an Orange chiffon cake using the recipe from Joy of Baking. The cake turned out absolutely moist and it rose perfectly. It had a lovely orange flavour throughout, but my only minus point was that it was a tad too sweet for my taste bud. However, I thoroughly enjoyed biting into the soft and spongy texture of the cake. This time I used cream of tartar, which I think gave more stability to the egg whites and prevented the cake from shrinking too much. Overall, I was very happy of the result. I cannot wait to try other chiffon cake. I am definitely growing a liking to baking cakes now. I mean when you see the great result, it is for sure a great boost of confidence and you want to go for more and more. Excited!

 



   








No comments :

Post a Comment