Monday, December 14, 2015

Pandan 'Chiffon' Cake (First time trial)

I have had a chiffon cake mold sitting over the pantry for quite a while and I have never really thought about giving a try. It was a gift from my aunt. I am not really into cake making because it takes at least 1 hour to be ready (from the oven) without including the preparation time. I did not planned to make this cake and it was quite on the spur. I am glad I did it though. It was quite a success for a first time since the cake was half gone after cutting it.

I looked up for some recipes online and came with one which I could trust will turn out good. The batter itself was not hard to make. I was very excited to find the taste similar to the one we normally have at the bakery shops. I reduced the amount of sugar by 20g and use coconut oil instead. I also swap the 2 tbs of pandan juice to 1/2 tsp of pandan essence. My cake did deflate a little and there was a tiny dense layer, which I think is due to the fact that I did not use cream of tartar. Overall, it was a great try, the taste and colour was spot on I reckon. It was almost like a sponge cake instead, the reason I inverted chiffon in the post title.

Just fresh out of the oven
After cooling down
Unmolded

  




No comments :

Post a Comment