Monday, July 29, 2013

Tofu teriyaki with asparagus and snow peas

Lot of first indeed. I wanted to try cooking asparagus. It is said to be very healthy. Today I will not dwell on the benefits (feeling lazy yes). There is always some kind of apprehension with the first time, as you are not too sure how it will end up tasting. However the only one way to know is to go for it. I tried to recreate a teriyaki dish I saw on the coles magazine and let's be honest, the result was not that good. I mean it was not the best dish I made. I did a few faux pas. First I should have fried the tofu first to have that crispy skin. Second, my teriyaki sauce was not that tasty enough. I think it lack something I cannot really figure out. Anyway the picture should give an idea of what I have done.
Look at those lovely asparagus
 

No comments :

Post a Comment