Sunday, July 21, 2013

'Green' Risotto (recipe)

This was my first time cooking and tasting Risotto. I have heard of it tremendously lately and I was like why not giving it a try as something new.  I looked up for some recipes and finally chose the one I found easier and it was on the rice packet itself. I bought Riviania arborio rice. In the recipe it says bacon, but instead I used snow peas and zucchini. I kind of wanted a really ‘greeny’ risotto.  The dish turned out great. Well for a first time, it tasted good. I really think that it is a  really nice dish to try because you can make up your own risotto in terms of ingredients.



Recipe (adapted from the Riviani recipe):

Ingredients: 
2 tsp olive oil
30g butter
Garlic (I love garlic so I put about 3-5 cloves)
1 lg onion chopped
2 cup arborio rice
1 zucchini grated
A  bunch of snow pea,chopped roughly
1/4 cup of white wine
4 cups chicken stock, simmered
2 cups button mushroom, sliced
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Chopped parsley
Groud black pepper

Procedures:
Heat olive oil and butter in a large heavy base saucepan.
Add garlic and onion and cook for about 1-2 minute.
Stir in rice and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until rice slightly colours, stirring frequently.
Add wine and simmer to absorb liquid, stirring constantly.
Begin adding stock, a cup at a time, allowing each adittion to be absorbed and stirring well before each addition.
After first cup, add mushrooms. Adjust consistencies with extra water/stock, if necessary.
After third cup, add zucchini and snow peas. When all stock is absorbed, remove pan from heat and stir in cheese, parsley and pepper.

No comments :

Post a Comment