Friday, August 2, 2013

Pan-fried salmon

Salmon is my biggest new favourite food ever. Seriously, I was really suspicious and dubious about this seafood before, especially about eating it 'raw'. Anyway, I know I have been missing a lot. Salmon is said to the richest seafood in terms of fat, but hey good fatty acid. Plenty of omega 3 which is good to optimise your health. Anyway, that's what I have read, and I trust these sources hehe.  I realise that I do not essentially like smoked salmon though because they are too salty and to my opinion takes away a lil bit of the flavour.

Well, I wanted to try and cook fresh salmon since ages and finally the time has come. So I pan-fried my salmon. It was absolutely gorgeous. This is such an irresistible dish.

Fresh salmon - okay I'm pretty sure it is not that fresh fresh but still --

Just cooked, look at those crispy skins,simply like the way the skin turned so crispy
Garlic bread

As side dishes, we had sauteed mushrooms, green mix salad and some cherry tomatoes and garlic bread
 
Astuce #1
Now the trick to get those crispy skin is this (this is the way I did it) . Season with pepper and salt on both sides of the salmon. Drizzle with olive oil. Put your pan on high heat with olive oil. Pan-fry skin side down first for about 4 minutes, pressing against the fish the first 10 seconds. Turn over and repeat with that side. That's it.


No comments :

Post a Comment